Office Manager is responsible for the front office activities, the reception area, mail, purchasing request, and facilities. He is also responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, including developing and supervising programs for the maximum utilization of services and equipment, responsible for arranging internal office moves and providing arrangements for office meetings.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain a professional image.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the Office Administration Department.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.)
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
Skills and Attributes
- At least two years of switchboard experience.
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, Federal Express, and UPS.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word for Windows.
- Ability to manage staff (supervisory experience).
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of previous experience in office management.