The course coordinator is responsible for development and innovation as well as day to day operation of a specific course. The course coordinator works closely with Team Leaders in the planning and execution of a course.
- Create and facilitate a classroom climate that is conducive to student learning and academic integrity.
- Facilitate course development through reflection and student’s evaluation.
- Supervise teaching assistants assigned to the course.
- In consultation with the department head, select appropriate faculty instructors to ensure satisfactory course delivery.
- Develop a meaningful and connected topic sequence and schedule in consultation with other instructors involved in the course.
- Provide students with a course syllabus that includes broad course objectives, course schedule, grading policy, expectations of academic integrity, policy for missed exams, etc.
- Coordinate course activities including the development of innovative teaching strategies and maintain course information on the UIC Blackboard Course info website or an equivalent site.
- Attend, as necessary, lectures, recitations and other instructional activities of participating faculty to facilitate consistency of the course.
- Assure that course content allows student achievement of objectives associated with that course.
- Organize and hold meetings of the course instructors to discuss issues affecting student learning, testing and other classroom issues.
- Organize and hold periodic meetings with the class representatives for the course to obtain constructive student feedback.
- Evaluate the student’s achievement.
- Select test format appropriate to course objectives.
- Monitor the students progress.
- Grade assignments, quizzes, and tests (if appropriate, e.g. multiple choice tests using STAN)
- Record and assign final grades in consultation with other course faculty instructors.
- Complete the End of Course Report
Course coordinators are accountable to their department head for academic and administrative activities associated with a course.
If you wish to apply for this post, please complete and return the online application and demonstrating the relevant skills for the role.
This is Just a general form to help us know you better before the meeting.